Re: Guile potentially changing its GC a second time

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: Guile potentially changing its GC a second time
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 14:10:23 +0000

On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 02:58:16PM +0100, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
> What would be the difference with 'make doc'?

I was referring to the kind of scores used to test/reproduce the
heisenbug we had on Windows, i.e. designed to trigger GC-related
problems. Would it be worth saving some scores like that in the codebase
somewhere in case we want to stress test a new Guile release?

> In any case, a new Guile release series doesn't happen every
> second day, and if we want to switch to a new one, there
> should definitely be a mailing list thread where all details
> of the transition are discussed, including how sure we are
> that it works. For example, to switch to Guile 2.2, there was
> a dual release and we removed Guile 1.8 support once it had
> seen some use without major problems.

Yes I suppose you're right. We can always save this conversation for
when it happens.

Kevin