Re: Prefer luatex for documentation, Re: Prefer luatex for documentation

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: Prefer luatex for documentation, Re: Prefer luatex for documentation
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 11:34:06 +0000

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 12:03:34PM +0100, Luca Fascione wrote:
> I must say I don't understand this discussion.

I agree with most of what Luca said.

I'm sure whatever the maintenance burden is, Werner is likely to bear it
himself. Supporting newer versions of tools may even help (cf. texi2html
and texi2any). Either way, since he principally takes care of this part
of the codebase I don't think we should use maintainability as an
objection.  This is not a drive-by patch.

And we should care about improvements in typography.

Kevin