Re: Potential LSR licensing violations

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Potential LSR licensing violations
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 11:48:57 +0100

On 20/10/2022 11:34, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
The LSR distributes a piece of GPLed code under GPL-incompatible
terms, which is illegal, period. I don't think I am imagining
a problem here. Being an LSR-editor now, I don't like having
my responsibility involved in copyright infringement.

And as the linux kernel found out, David is wrong saying that only the copyright holder can take enforcement action.

German law allows people to take enforcement action without the copyright holder's knowledge or consent. And somebody took active advantage of that.

Cheers,
Wol