Re: To branch or not to branch

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: To branch or not to branch
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 15:08:21 +0200

Le 05/10/2022 à 14:48, Jonas Hahnfeld a écrit :
On Sun, 2022-10-02 at 16:22 +0200, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
I think we should branch now. What do others think?
Needless to say that I agree, but as you witnessed nobody else bothers
to reply.

Silence means consent.

For you, when would be a good time to branch? I suppose it depends
on your personal schedule to do the 2.24 release.

Discussions on MRs opened during the weekend also showed me
that we're not even on one page for what should still go in before
branching,

For what it's worth, if you are talking about !1652 (texinfo.tex
update) and !1648 (extractpdfmark workaround), I agree with you
on those.

and now it seems you went back to feature development.

Not really. I've just flushed my queue of mini-features because
I've equally experienced tiredness. Investigating #6432 (the critical
regression with weird lyric skylines, fixed in !1645) exhausted
me, and the last commit in !1647 (the related fix for skyline merging)
is potentially the commit that cost me the most hours of debugging
per line of diff ever ...

By now, I've lost all motivation to do anything for LilyPond...