Re: Fixing regressions and serious issues

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Fixing regressions and serious issues
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 17:41:21 +0200

Le 14/07/2022 à 17:38, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :
Hi,

In https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2022-05/msg00099.html,
we talked about targeting the end of this year for the next
stable release. That probably means branching around
the beginning of September, right? I'd like to call
for attention on the regressions we have
<https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/?label_name%5B%5D=Regression>
as well as some other serious things that should go
into this release: basically, (assuming branching in September)
there is a month and a half left to take care of those.
This is not all that long if not very short, especially since
some people (like me) tend to be less active in August.

I should have added that of course some of these can be fixed
after branching and cherry-picked. But it's better if cherry-picks
are not too invasive, e.g., changing the way Scheme code is executed
might be a little too much.

There are also \fine issues, but I guess Dan is on track with those.

Jean