Re: GC and simple smobs??

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GC and simple smobs??
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 14:52:24 +0200

Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

> Le 17/06/2022 à 23:20, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :
>> Once again, the more I try to understand how GC works at
>> the C++ level, the more I get lost.
>

> OK, as I said elsewhere, I think we really need documentation for
> these things. I'm proposing some text for the CG in
>
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1450
>
> This is incomplete, but I think it should already help a lot.

I suppose you've seen the comments in lily/include/smobs.hh and
lily/include/small-smobs.hh ?  I know it's kind of unusual to expect
useful information from source file comments, but those may have been
phrased a bit more diligently than average.

While the CG should certainly not be quiet here, those comments may at
least be a reasonable starting point.