Re: Updating alists

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Updating alists
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 15:15:35 +0100

\version "2.23.6"

myScripts = \default-script-alist
myScripts.tenuto.padding = 5

\layout {
   \context {
     \Score
     scriptDefinitions = #myScripts
   }

{
   a--
}

(One might also skip defining a new variable and instead change
default-script-alist directly, but it has to be re-read in a \layout
block anyway.)

But at the moment, this does not work because the changed key is not
being replaced in the alist but added at the beginning.
Why would that not work?
Because I tested it wrongly. Sorry for the noise.

I'm still unsure if the result of

violin.I = { a }
violin.I = { gis }

\void \displayScheme \violin

is "what it should be" (i.e. if one wouldn't rather expect the second assignment overwriting the first one), but I see that changing this has problematic implications.

Lukas