Re: Problems with mingw build

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Problems with mingw build
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 08:43:29 +0100

Am Mittwoch, dem 15.12.2021 um 23:17 +0100 schrieb Michael Käppler:
> Am 15.12.2021 um 19:26 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld:
> > No, the static libfribidi.a should define them without the __imp_
> > prefix which is special to shared Dlls. The compiler generates
> > references to them if a function declaration is annotated with
> > __declspec(dllimport). For FriBiDi, this decision happens in fribidi-
> > common.h where FRIBIDI_ENTRY should be '#define'd away if
> > FRIBIDI_LIB_STATIC is defined, which is injected from
> > pkgconfig/fribidi.pc.
> Hmm...I did understand the error differently. From checking with 'nm' I
> can tell that the symbols are actually defined in libfribidi.a _without_
> the __imp_ prefix. But libpango-1.0.a has references to the prefixed symbols.

Yes, so Pango's build was not aware that libfribidi was built
statically.
Could you share mingw/dependencies/log/pango-1.48.7.log and
mingw/dependencies/build/pango-1.48.7/meson-logs/meson-log.txt ? The
latter should show `-DFRIBIDI_LIB_STATIC` as part of the --cflags
returned by pkg-config-static.sh.

> I found https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/pango/-/issues/301 but not sure
> if this is related.
> Pango switched to generating their *.pc files through meson afterwards.
> In the generated pango.pc, fribidi is not mentioned.

I don't think this is related, it was closed more than three years ago
and I see fribidi listed as dependency now.