Re: Binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 22:08:22 -0800

On 2021-12-08 9:50 pm, Petr Pařízek wrote:
Aaron wrote:

"Verify the exception code is c0000005 and check whether offset is
also 0036e97e.  If these match, you and I are encountering the same
access violation."

In my case, the exception code is indeed the same but the offset is
0000000000319e59.

Drat.  Was hoping it was the same instruction.

We really need to get debugging symbols to track this down. @Jonas: How are you cross-compiling? Do you know if compiler/linker you are using can emit a PDB or something that can be converted to PDB? Normally, I'd say let's get this building with native MSVC but that could introduce too many runtime differences. Though, if there really is a programming blunder, it very well could manifest itself regardless of the compiler used.

@Petr: Would you confirm the AV you are getting is 100% reproducable? My AV is intermittent with no obvious trigger.

-- Aaron Hill