Re: Fwd: Binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Fwd: Binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 16:44:50 -0800

On 2021-12-08 12:51 pm, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
Okay, now it's getting interesting. Can you give the following archive
a try? (also CC'ing the other people who reported problems on Windows)
https://cloud.hahnjo.de/index.php/s/yMx3nWMCPNLngAq
It's the same binaries, but the lib/ folder with the compiled .go files
added to the archive after the share/ folder, so programs are going to
extract it last.

Order of extraction should be irrelevant. It is not the file creation time that matters but its modified time. And I would expect archive utilities to set the modified time to match the original file.

Ultimately, this new archive did not change behavior on my system. Even manually touching all .go files to ensure they are definitely "newer" than all the associated .scm files made no difference.

I renamed the ccache folder to test on-the-fly compilation in case the problem is due to a bug in the byte-compiled files. With that, I am getting no further than:

====
[C:/Tools/lilypond-2.23.5/share/lilypond/2.23.5/scm/lily/define-woodwind-diagrams.scmBacktrace:
           4 (apply-smob/1 #<catch-closure 3368760>)
           3 (primitive-eval (for-each ly:load init-scheme-files))
           2 (primitive-load-path "lily/define-woodwind-diagrams")
           1 (primitive-eval (define bassoon-rh-f-key-stencil (# …)))
0 (apply-smob/1 #<boot-closure 46ff940 (_ . _)> # #f "Wr…" …)

ERROR: In procedure apply-smob/1:
Wrong number of arguments to #<boot-closure 58979e0 (_ . _)>
====

Going back to using ccache and commenting out the two setlocale calls I mentioned before allows the program to run normally in most cases.

There is a rare access violation. I managed to catch it under windbg, however I do not have debug symbols for the executable. I attached the !analyze -v output anyway.

-- Aaron Hill