Re: Binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2

From: Gabriel Striewe
Subject: Re: Binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 15:57:52 +0100

Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development <lilypond-devel@gnu.org>
writes:

[[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
Hi all,

here are the binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2, created
exactly with the scripts contained in the official source tar:
https://gitlab.com/hahnjo/lilypond/-/packages/4049140
(For now I've published them on my repo, but I can also add them to the
official one and link it from the GitLab release if people think so.)

"Installation" is quite simple:
1. Unpack the right archive for your OS (Linux, macOS, Windows).
2. Use it from any location you want, for example by setting PATH or
just pointing Frescobaldi to bin/lilypond.

Please give this some serious testing as this might become official at
some point. I'd be especially grateful for testing on macOS (later than
10.14) since I don't have a system myself and cannot test outside of
the MacStadium node that I used for building (but that obviously has
stuff installed to compile LilyPond, so I might not have noticed if
some library is missing...)

Cheers
Jonas

[[End of PGP Signed Part]]

Hi all,

I've been using lilypond for several years now typesetting fairly complex solo
piano music in a neo-classical style.

I would like to confirm that the binaries work fine on them.

The music itself is not in the public or any other open domain, so I
unfortunately cannot share the results here.

My system is Big Sur 11.5.2

Am happy to help with further testing since I use a Mac.

Regards,

Gabriel