Re: Binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: Binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 22:29:15 +0100

Jonas wrote:

"Which step does it get stuck

on, parsing, output of Postscript, or conversion to PDF?"

Attached is a DEBUG log of what happens here with a smallish .ly file.

I do get a successful version log though.

And take what I provide with a pinch of salt:
 - I have always used the installers.
   - it took me a lot of time and effort to get this running
     - unzip + move produced duplicate files
     - apparent permission no-ops were due to zip having been stripped
     - how do I run Win7 unzip as administrator?
   - success with 7Zip run as admin and AV temporarily disabled
 - so my final setup could well be wonky
   - it is placed where the installers put new versions; LilyPond/usr/

Cheers,
Robin

Windows 7 Pro   6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
x64-based PC  i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz   8GB RAM