Re: Lilypond is now on Homebrew for macOS Mojave or higher (Intel or M1)

From: Jefferson Felix
Subject: Re: Lilypond is now on Homebrew for macOS Mojave or higher (Intel or M1)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 19:10:03 -0300

> Would it be conceivable to do Homebrew builds also for (odd-numbered)
development versions of LilyPond?

According to homebrew rules, only stable versions are accepted. And really,
there is no * -devel package in the homebrew repository. About that, I
believe we can patch the formula until the next stable version is
released. However, there is a build from HEAD option (`brew --HEAD`), which
is even being implemented in lilypond formula (
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/86490).

--
---
Jefferson dos Santos Felix