Re: Changes to GitLab CI, again

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Changes to GitLab CI, again
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 13:03:39 +0200

Am Montag, dem 17.05.2021 um 19:07 +0200 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld via
Discussions on LilyPond development:
> Nevertheless I'll finally try to get LilyPond accepted into
> GitLab's Open Source Program, as I already wrote in September...

So, I finally succeeded (note for the future: ping them on every
occasion, even if you think they should receive a notification that
somebody just signed the quote over $0 - they don't) and "LilyPond is
currently using the Ultimate SaaS Plan (Formerly Gold)" until July of
next year.

Apart from more CI minutes (that public projects still don't seem to
use), this also gives us access to Epics [1]. They are sort of "super-
issues" to group together issues related a shared theme. I expect them
to be used sparingly, but they could be handy for things like switching
to Guile 2 and / or replacing GUB that will consist of several tasks
spread over multiple milestones. Maybe full support for Cairo could be
another use case. If you have concrete ideas, please shared on the
mailing list 🙂

Cheers
Jonas

1: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/group/epics/