Re: Please review Pygments lexer and style

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Please review Pygments lexer and style
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 19:03:35 +0200

Le 23/06/2021 à 18:53, Dan Eble a écrit :
On Jun 23, 2021, at 10:33, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Le 23/06/2021 à 09:58, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :
To whet your appetite, a highlighted version of the test
file included in the PR is attached.
Not sure why the HTML hasn't gotten through email — on
the archives and in Dan's mailbox it appears as plain
LilyPond code. Here are additional RTF and SVG versions.

Jean
<example.ly><example.html><example.rtf><example.svg>
Not a bad idea, but -1 for the use of light colors on white: silver, yellow,
sky blue, etc.

What is the minimum set of distinctions that is likely to do more good than
harm?  The example is a little overwhelming.

(All MHO.)

I should probably find something else for pitches and
durations. The example does look overwhelming, but it
was intentionally constructed as a showcase for many
pieces of syntax and builtins. A typical score mostly
consists of long runs of pitches and durations interspersed
with articulations and commands, so I think making many
distinctions should be fine as long as the most common
parts of the syntax have colors that are easy enough
to read.