Re: Building in WSL

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Building in WSL
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 12:27:57 +0200

Le 17/06/2021 à 10:45, James a écrit :
Hello,

On 12/06/2021 11:01, James wrote:
Kevin,

On 12/06/2021 10:02, Kevin Barry wrote:
OK well something must have changed since I last did a build on WSL
because I couldn't even get `make all' on a freshly checked out master
to work. And that was *definitely* working before.

It fails now with this error:
Making Documentation/out/en/changes.texi < tely
lilypond-book.py: error: file not found: version.itexi

I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 on WSL 2. My normal Linux system doesn't have
the same problem.

Kevin

I cannot even get autogen.sh to run!

-bash: ./autogen.sh: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

This appears to be caused by a line ending difference betwen *nix and Windows.

Ugh. So much for WSL. I keep running into issues like this and yet some people keep insisting to me that WSL == Linux (or as good as).

Oh well. So much for compiling on WSL.

I don't have Windows to test, but this sounds like you want to run:

git config --global core.autocrlf false

and re-clone the repository.

Best,
Jean