lightning

Re: Suggestions before a new lightning-2.1.4 release?

From: Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen
Subject: Re: Suggestions before a new lightning-2.1.4 release?
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 22:16:59 +0200

Hi Paulo,

first of all, thank you very much for your recent hard work on GNU
lighting. Unfortunately, I have been busy with other projects.  So
when I returned to GNU lightning to fix jit_align, I noticed that you
have already corrected jit_align ([1])!  What I haven't checked yet:
Is something like jit_align(1000) covered by the maximum instruction
sizes?

I am looking forward to seeing a new release!  Note that with Gnulib
now included, you can use many of its modules ([2]) to simplify the
release process.

Has clearing the instruction cache ([3]) been addressed?

I should return to my jit_embed proposal/implementation, which is still pending.

Thanks,

Marc

--

[1]