lightning

Re: This project should move to github/gitlab

From: Paul Cercueil
Subject: Re: This project should move to github/gitlab
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 16:07:42 +0000

Hi Marc,

GNU Savannah is good for hosting git repositories, and that's basically all. It is terrible for collaborative development. It only sort-of works if coupled with e.g. bugzilla, and a mailing list.

As you say, the primary problem is that it needs an active maintainer. The second problem is that we spoiled kids are used to CI, and a CI to build and test for all architectures would be extremely desirable in this particular case. So even if the maintainer was active, a switch to github/gitlab would still make a lot of sense.

Cheers,
-Paul