lightning

Re: This project should move to github/gitlab

From: Franz Flasch
Subject: Re: This project should move to github/gitlab
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 15:51:29 +0100

Hi Marc!

Thanks for participating in this discussion. I fully respect all the
efforts being done within the GNU project to create a rich ecosystem of
free software.

Personally I always use the GPL(v3) license for all of my own projects.
So of course I understand the principles behind the GNU project.

Still I think that the whole GNU project would benefit if moved to a
hosting platform like github or gitlab. A simple official mirror where
pull requests can be sent would be sufficient. So the main location can
still be Savannah.

I just think this way a lot more (especially younger) developers could
be reached and encouraged to contribute.

Anyway, thanks for the tip to ask for co-maintainership.

Regards,
Franz