Re: COVID-19 testing

From: Danny Spitzberg
Subject: Re: COVID-19 testing
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 10:16:58 -0400

   Interesting points. I wonder if it’s possible to say who was worse for
   people- Mussolini or Walgreens.

   On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 10:15 AM <[1]fischersfritz@sent.at> wrote:

     When I commented earlier on my surety, I took Danny's uncertainty to
     be
     about whether the software and the software substitutes are in the
     area
     of fascism because of the unethical licensing and the consequent
     likelihood that the software is malware.
     Jean Louis has confirmed that he is sure of his statement about
     fascism. He has also elaborated on many policies related to
     SARS-CoV-2
     and explained that he is sure those are fascist.
     I thus wish to confirm that I am considering only the aspects
     of SARS-CoV-2 policies and implementation related to software,
     since I consider the other issues to be out of scope for the present
     mailing list. For purposes of present discussion, I am accepting
     COVID-19 testing as a reasonable request in the context of interest,
     and I am considering only whether the de facto requirement
     to be used by malware is fascist.
     Jean writes:
     > 1. (2) fascism -- (a political theory advocating an authoritarian
     > hierarchical government (as opposed to democracy or liberalism))
     Earlier I commented that I am sure the effective smartphone
     dependency
     has certain aspects that I think to be part of fascism, but I wasn't
     familiar enough with fascism to classify it as fascism. Using the
     definition that Jean presented, I can now classify this de facto
     requirement as surely fascist. The components are satisfied as
     follows.
     * The political theory is that government services should be
     outsourced
       to companies who may decide whether and how to provide those
     services
       to the people.
     * The new government is the company, which is hierarchical as
     opposed
       to democratic or liberal.
     * The company is authoritarian because if its power in establishing
     the
       rights and responsibilities of the involved parties. It decides
     that
       services will be allowed only under a contract that it furnishes
     and
       that the services will in fact be dis-services that run
     proprietary
       software. The normalization of such contracts with
     non-governmental
       governments reduces their accountability. The software licensing
       further reduces accountability: Because the software is
     proprietary,
       it is impractical for the people (and the democratic government)
       to understand what it does, and people (and the democratic
     government)
       are prohibited from removing malware from the software.
     Thus we have fascism as defined by whatever dictionary Jean used.
     Danny, I remain curious about your unsurety about fascism and your
     thoughts on monopoly. Do you know why you were unsure about the
     situation being fascism? Also, what is your thought on the
     distinction
     between fascism and monopoly as a description of the situation
     of interest?
     Cordially,
     Fischers Fritz