Re: MS Teams and Windows 11

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: MS Teams and Windows 11
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 18:42:44 -0500

Paul Sutton via libreplanet-discuss
<libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org> writes:

> On 26/06/2021 08:04, Jean Louis wrote:
>> * Paul Sutton via libreplanet-discuss <libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org>
>> [2021-06-26 10:02]:
>>> In the mean time,
>>>
>>> https://test.bigbluebutton.org/
>>>
>>> is a useful link to allow people to try out Big Blue Button,  lets promote
>>> the alternatives, of course there is also jit.si but BBB is designed for
>>> education,  esp as if a BBB instance can be hosted in different
>>> jurisdictions (such as in the EU/UK) then the GDPR apples.
>>>
>>> Just thought I would highlight this.  If a barrier to people using free and
>>> open source software is a perceived lack of tools,  is it due to the lack of
>>> tools or lack of awareness of alternatives.   Most people have never heard
>>> of Big Blue Button or Jit.si for example.
>>
>> There is also OpenMeetings
>>
>> Apache OpenMeetings Project – Installation
>> https://openmeetings.apache.org/installation.html
>>
>> Jean
>>
>> Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
>> https://www.fsf.org/campaigns
>>
>> In support of Richard M. Stallman
>> https://stallmansupport.org/

> Thanks for this, having a range of options is a good thing, I will
> make a blog post that links to all 3.  To at least promote the
> alternatives. Granted this is a personal blog butt if it helps to
> spread the word then that is a good thing surely.
>
> Paul

Even though I think that those solution are not the best, I do think
they are better than the nonfree software.  Thank you for your work
proposing and promoting them.

Kindly allow me to suggest.  Calling them "alternatives" validates the
nonfree versions.  A better word to show people the problem is to call
them "replacements".  It is not mandatory; but it helps advancement of
the freedom agenda.  Words are powerful!