Re: Latex freedom issues

From: Paul Sutton
Subject: Re: Latex freedom issues
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 07:45:58 +0100

On 25/06/2021 02:10, quiliro@riseup.net wrote:
I was notified by the Hyperbola GNU developers that Latex will be
removed.  There is a freedom bug report on:
https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/972
Would this issue affect other FSF approved distros?

Hi All

Just followng this, LaTeX is optimised for science and maths typesetting I find it very useful for general use anyway, i have both my CV and letter template in LaTeX.

As far as I am concerned it is Free software, granted I do use it using Overleaf but I like the cloud side of that, which I know isn't fully free software but this is about being practical.

I really hope that LaTeX (and from replies it will) stays available as I think a lot of people would miss it if removedl

Paul

--
Paul Sutton, Cert Cont Sci (Open)
https://personaljournal.ca/paulsutton/

21st Debian Conference August 22 to August 29, 2021.
DebCamp from August 15 to August 21, 2021

https://debconf21.debconf.org/