Re: Sacrifices made for Free Software

From: Adrienne G. Thompson
Subject: Re: Sacrifices made for Free Software
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 15:18:55 -0500

   Nicholas:

     > I studied for 2 years at SIUe before dropping out
     > because it became impossible for me to continue and keep my
     freedom.

     On the other hand, by dropping out, sure you stop being a victim in
     the context of your school that I've never heard of, but you're
     setting yourself up to be more of a victim in society at large where
     you're spending the rest of your life.

   Freedom means being able to break chains, or anything you might
   perceive as a "jail". In order to do that you'll need the right tools
   for the job. A degree will be one of the most effective instruments in
   your toolkit. It will not only inform you on strategies for breaking
   jails, but it will also help you to influence and gain the respect of
   those you might seek to recruit in your campaign for software freedom.
   Without the degree you will find that society will automatically erect
   barriers around opportunities and chain you to underachievement. Your
   freedom to make choices will be limited. Go back to school. Influence
   the change from within.
   Adrienne
   --
   Freedom - no pane, all gaiGN!