libredwg

Re: [libredwg] DWG Handles

From: Avneet Kaur
Subject: Re: [libredwg] DWG Handles
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 22:26:06 +0530

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM, gagan <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was just skimming through the autocad dxf
> specifications

Good.
Specifications of which DXF version you are exploring?

> and found
> that it needs a handle for objects like LAYER, DIMSTYLE, BLOCK_HEADER,
> VPORT, APPID etc

A handle is a hexadecimal number that is a unique tag for each entity
(e.g. line,circle,arc) in DXF file. There must be no duplicate handles.
The variable HANDSEED must be larger than the largest handle in DXF file.

>but in libredwg structs for LAYER,
> DIMSTYLE, BLOCK_HEADER, VPORT, APPID I am unable to find handles.
> There are two handles in each struct namingly xdicobjhandle and
> null_handle and AFAIK, both of them don't give the desired handle
> values.

What you are expecting about desired handle values?
Expand more.

>I am checking with a (converted copy of example.dwg) dxf file
> generated by draftsight. Can anyone please help me on this ??

I can see handle values by converted example.dwg to example.dxf file.
         http://202.164.53.122/~avneet/example.dxf

--
Avneet Kaur
www.avneetkhasla.wordpress.com