libredwg

Re: [libredwg] testSVG is a shell script

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: [libredwg] testSVG is a shell script
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:01:06 +0100

() Felipe Sanches <address@hidden>
() Tue, 23 Feb 2010 01:37:46 -0300

   yeah, I figured it out, but I'd like to know what is the benefit of
   such wrapper scripts. If it is not much useful, than I'd prefer to
   have just binary executable files.

Me too, but we are using libtool, which makes things slightly more
complicated (than necessary under GNU/Linux) in order to support
(a) many platforms; and (b) "make check" *before* installation.

LibreDWG users will have the same issues when debugging their
programs, so take heart.  Try this experiment:

- Add to examples/Makefile.am:
  fakebindir = /tmp/bin
  fakebin_PROGRAMS = testSVG  # or whatever

- Regenerate:
  $ cd ..
  $ sh autogen.sh

- Do:
  $ ./config.status --recheck && ./config.status
  $ make all install

See what you find in /tmp/bin.

thi