libredwg

Re: [libredwg] Testing suite samples

From: guruprasad rane
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Testing suite samples
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:36:25 +0530

I am not very clear about the features that will be tested. I presume that we will test the READING and WRITING of dwg, dxf files.

I have uploaded a sample archive file "sample.zip". http://ia341310.us.archive.org/3/items/LibredwgTestSuite0.1/  It has 001-circle.dwg and 001-circle-properties.csv.

001-circle.dwg is a drawing file for testing. It has just one circle in it.

001-circle-properties.csv has the list of properties of the circle in it in human readable format.

The test suite can read the drawing file and get the properties of circle. Then it can read the csv file and check whether the values are same. If it is same then the READING TEST for CIRCLE is passed. Then let it go to writing test. Write a temp file with circle with same properties as that of circle in 001-circle.dwg. Then again read the temp file and compare with properties in 001-circle-properties.csv. If it is same then the WRITING TEST for CIRCLE is passed.

Like this we can go on adding new files with all versions for every objects. At later stage we can add files with multiple objects and more complex files.

The files can be created from scratch using AUTOCAD so that they can be released on public domain.

Regards
Guruprasad