Re: [Libreboot] Fwd: Re: Future of Libreboot

From: Will Hill
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Fwd: Re: Future of Libreboot
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 09:51:24 -0500

That is difficult to believe.  Bigotry by one or two people, a cover up by
them and mistakes, maybe.  Cowardice, no way.  I don't believe John Sullivan
or Richard Stallman are cowards who would bend to imagined public pressure
the way you say here.

Richard Stallman's political notes contain many statements in support of
Chelsea Manning.  He is famously thourough and consistent in his opinions and
has kept them despite continuous well funded and deeply personal smear
campaigns against him.

I do not know John Sullivan's opinions as well, but I know he is no coward.
It takes courage to advocate free software in the US.  Doing so will get you
put on various government and private shit lists, which cost you harassment
and job opportunities.  In 2003 he urged me on to advocacy I did not have the
courage for and had already committed himself to a life of advocacy.  Given
his background, he knew better than most what he was getting into.

What makes you think this?