[Libreboot] Unsubscribing (Was: Future of Libreboot)

From: Thomas Pfundt
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 14:01:17 +0200

Hello everyone,

with sadness, I am now unsubscribing from this mailing list. I can't
bear the daily rants and accusations anymore. Since this is not a matter
of public interest, but something that needs to be investigated by legal
authorities, no third party can or should expect to see any hard
evidence for either side in this any time soon.

It has also been sad to see some parts of the community unnecessarily
pick sides and purposefully offending others, I personally would have
expected a more distant judgement from people engaged in the free
software movement, this does not count for everyone, of course.

This situation was unfortunately handled inappropriately from the
beginning, starting with public shaming, taking impulsive actions in the
name of the whole community and illeistic publications with political
demands to apparently involved parties. I do not seek to attack any
involved individual, but I can not identify with this behaviour at all
and do not approve the chosen path of "resolving" this issue.

Concerning the "Future of Libreboot", since this project has publicly
moved from being an endeavour to develop software helping people free
their hardware to becoming a tool for political activism, I do not see
any future in it it, unfortunately. I am not a developer myself, but was
very interested in the aims of this project. I was ready to obtain a
Libreboot-compatible machine and help with testing and analysis, but
without integrity in the community, this does not seem promising anymore.

I encourage everyone to continue supporting free software, because it's
an important task and I am grateful for the work that has been done by
all developers. My highest respect to anyone who contributed to this
project in any way.

If this has all been a great misunderstanding or accounts were
potentially cracked and misused, please feel free to notify me directly.
Otherwise, I'm out of here. I have to worry about family members with
serious health problems and this pointless negativity does not help in
any way.

Kind regards.