Re: [Libreboot] [gnu-prog-discuss] libreboot is not GNU Libreboot anymor

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] [gnu-prog-discuss] libreboot is not GNU Libreboot anymore
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 11:24:31 +0100

Hi,

On 17/09/16 10:03, Bernd Paysan wrote:
> Am 17. September 2016 10:13:17 MESZ, schrieb David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>> The mailing lists you are using here are not related to workplace
>> matters of the FSF and I doubt that you improve your apparent friend's
>> legal standing as well as her and other LGBT's future job prospectives
>> if you continue illustrating the consequences an employer has to face
>> for standard employment decisions in the course of doing business with
>> persons you consider to be representing.
>
> Strongly seconded. I know one trans person which I would hire based on her
> experience,  should she apply and I actually have the budget. However, the
> risk of a shitstorm should something happen, would be a reason against such
> an employment. And since such a shitstorm could just arise from rumors, trust
> in that trans person alone is not sufficient.
>
> So please: if you want the same discrimination free world for LGBT, as I
> want, don't spill this poison of hate and shitstorm.

What you're both saying is that I shouldn't stand up someone being
bullied and discriminated against, and that the issues should not be
raised simply because it could cause trouble.

This is the exact mentality on the part of the FSF leadership that got a
trans person fired.

Shame on you.

--
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Use a free operating system, GNU/Linux.
https://www.gnu.org/

Use a free BIOS.
https://libreboot.org/

Support freedom. Join the Free Software Foundation.
https://fsf.org/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: http://minifree.org/