Re: [Libreboot] GNU Libreboot, version 20160818 released

From: Guilhem Moulin
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] GNU Libreboot, version 20160818 released
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 14:20:53 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 at 08:33:36 +0100, Leah Rowe wrote:
> Op 26/08/16 om 01:15 schreef Guilhem Moulin:
>> Would you mind cross-signing these 3 keys (and uploading them to
>> the keyserver pool afterwards)?  This should be enough to connect
>> the new release signing key to the strong set, and therefore help
>> people to establish trust path to it.
>
> I can't use the old signing key (I lost it)

I see.  This is unfortunate, but FYI this is why it's good idea to
generate a revocation certificate right after generating an OpenPGP key:
it allows revocating the key even when the private has been lost.

> but I signed it with my email key, the info I use for this email
> address.

Have you uploaded the (signed) key somewhere?  The one available on the
keyserver pool has only self-signatures:

http://keys.mayfirst.org/pks/lookup?search=0x969A979505E8C5B2&fingerprint=on&op=vindex

and so is the one found at <https://libreboot.org/gpg/lbkey.asc>.

> Others have verified this key so this should be enough.

This is indeed better than nothing :-)

Cheers,
--
Guilhem.