Re: [Libreboot] GNU Libreboot, version 20160818 released

From: Robert Alessi
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] GNU Libreboot, version 20160818 released
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 13:07:50 +0200

Hi Leah,

Thanks for the reply.

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 10:25:43AM +0100, The Gluglug wrote:

> from src:
> ./download all
> ./build module all
> ./build roms withgrub
> ./build roms withdepthcharge
> ./build roms withseabios
>
> I think that's because the util archive doesn't have all the modules,
> and I didn't delete all of the corresponding scripts. From _util you
> can just build the individual modules, or go into the src directories
> of the modules and just run make. We wanted to do a better job at util
> but it just wasn't viable.
>
> (PaulK is implementing a new build system which should resolve these
> issues in next release, and _util will then be binaries again, with
> src in the _src archive)

I can't see any 'download' script in scr.  I also tried to run make
into the directories of the modules in util, which worked, except for
cbfstool.  I got this instead:
-----
make: *** No rule to make target
'/root/libreboot/20160818/util/cbfstool/cbfstool.o', needed by
'/root/libreboot/20160818/util/cbfstool/cbfstool'.  Stop.
-----

Unfortunately, there is no cbfstool in src, and I need it to adapt the
grub.cfg which is inside the rom.

Is there a way to fix this for now?  Of course I can wait PaulK is
done implementing the new build system.

Best,

Robert