Re: [Libreboot] new T400 beta ROMs for testing

From: Persmule
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] new T400 beta ROMs for testing
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 10:38:06 +0800

Hi Marcel and Leah,

My image was patched properly with a gbe section for my t400s' original
mac address. The possible fault is that the gbe section I used to patch
the image was generated by an older version of ich9gen, but the
difference between it and the product of the newest ich9gen is only one
byte (the 17th byte is 0x24 in the older but 0x44 in the newer).

Could the one-byte difference be the cause?

I cannot access my t400s now, but I can give the report for the newest
image patched with the new gbe section once I get home tonight.

Persmule

在 2016年08月11日 06:16, Marcel Maci 写道:
> Hi Leah and Persmule, > I think the Wifi was my fault: I forgot to change the
> MAC-address of
the image with ich9gen. I've made a new image with correct mac-address
and now the wifi works. The strange thing with the wrong MAC-address was
that I could see my wifi-networks but not connect to them.
Ethernet-connection didn't work neither. But anyway: now with the
correct mac both (ethernet and wifi) work. > Another thing that changed
with the new image: I get full resolution graphic screen (1440x900) from
the beginning. > Suspend doesn't work (as someone else reported) but
I'll try a newer kernel version. > I have two more questions: > 1) since
grub doesn't show up - how can I boot from usb / cd? > 2) is Intel AMT /
ME disabled (when i run cbmem -c it says "AMT enabled"?!) > Thx and
greetings, > Marcel > > > On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 19:39:06 +0100 > Leah Rowe