Re: [Libreboot] lcd-panel 1440x900 not working (external monitor ok)

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] lcd-panel 1440x900 not working (external monitor ok)
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 01:11:37 +0100

You can get them using cbmem -c

cbmem is in lbireboot under coreboot/util in one of the coreboot src
directories. You might also be able to get the same logs from serial
device (ehci debug dongle) but I'm guessing you don't have that?

If you can't do these things, don't worry,it's not critical

Op 29/07/16 om 13:59 schreef Marcel Maci:

> Hi Leah, Excuse my newbie question: what do you mean by coreboot
> logs? The file dmesg or any other file under /var/log? Metal
> chassis: of course, but note that I'm a complete amateur (so my
> soldering skills are not good ...) Marcel
>
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 23:13:12 +0100 Leah Rowe <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Marcel,

> Thank you for your report. If you also have coreboot logs, that
> would be great.
>
> It seems that upstream coreboot has a regression somewhere in
> native graphics initialization on the T400. Previous betas worked,
> before we updated the revision of coreboot used for your laptop.
> We'll have to revert back to the previous revision for now, and
> disable text mode on it, until this can be fixed. Other people also
> reported the same issue as you with the T400.
>
> We also need to do this for now on X200, because USB is broken for
> some reason in text mode on that system (unless it's fixed).
>
> By the way, what you've done to that metal chassis around the board
> is not good. That part of it is needed for structural integrity. If
> you want easier access to the chip, you could solder wires and
> route those instead. You've already done it now, so no point
> worrying.

- --
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Use a free operating system, GNU/Linux.
https://www.gnu.org/

Use a free BIOS.
https://libreboot.org/

Support freedom. Join the Free Software Foundation.
https://fsf.org/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: http://minifree.org/