Re: [Libreboot] lcd-panel 1440x900 not working (external monitor ok)

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] lcd-panel 1440x900 not working (external monitor ok)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 13:22:47 +0100

Hi Marcel,

Op 27/07/16 om 19:41 schreef Marcel Maci:

> Hi Leah Thx for your quick answer. I actually tried
> libreboot_experimental-84-g2f2e2ee_grub_t400_8mbcd image
> t400_8mb_usqwerty_txtmode.rom today. I had inserted MAC-Adress with
> ich9gen and then flashed it directly on the Thinkpad (with flashrom
> utility from stable release). I used txtmode because I thought that
> this way I could at least get GRUB. Dont know, what went wrong
> (maybe I should have flashed it externally again or used ./flash
> update instead of flashrom?), but after the flash, the computer
> didn't boot any more. So I flashed the 20150518 image again with
> Raspberry Pi. If you think that there is a chance that it works
> with the vesa image (instead of txtmode), I can try that (in the
> next days or so) Thx a lot for your work: libreboot is genious (I
> already use it on a Thinkpad x60s and it works great!!) Marcel

By the way, your X60S will benefit greatly from the upcoming libreboot
release. Libreboot experimental 86 is already stable on the X60, and
has many improvements:
* improved use of power states (higher battery life)
* 64MiB VRAM allocated now, instead of 8MiB. You might notice
performance improvements in some use cases, relating to graphics.
* other miscellaneous improvements

- --
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Use a free operating system, GNU/Linux.
https://www.gnu.org/

Use a free BIOS.
https://libreboot.org/

Support freedom. Join the Free Software Foundation.
https://fsf.org/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: http://minifree.org/