Re: [Libreboot] blank screen with libreboot on x200

From: Tudor SUCIU
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] blank screen with libreboot on x200
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 02:14:46 +0200

Hello,

So I bought a new x200 motherboard to replace the broken one and it didn't
seem to work. It was because of the ram.
Points to remember - differences to documentation:
1. flashrom speed 512 does not work for me - 1024 and 2048 work
2. Beaglebone Black with usb connection is not able to power the spi chip
(needed a Raspberry pi)
    Beaglebone Black with 5V round connection to a 4A source works just
fine.
3. The Beaglebone Black does not work as documented anymore, you need an
old wheezy image.
    There is a very badly referenced on Google image:
https://www.coreboot.org/BBB_screwdriver
    Thanks irc for advice about it
4. Libreboot is really picky about ram. Out of 5 dimms there are many
combinations that don't work.
    If you see a black screen there are big chances it is it!
5. Great care is needed when programming libreboot, I don't even know how I
broke one mainboard
    (probably a short-circuit, I changed the connector type now)
6. Full disk encryption documentation doesn't work anymore! I have no
solution yet.
    I tried putting /boot on a usb drive, but there are a lot of steps
after that:
    copy /boor/* to encrypted /
    change in grub the guid of the disk (not tested yet)
    take out of /etc/fstab the /boot (forgot about it, unbootable linux)

If somebody has a solution for 5 i'll try to follow it.