Re: [Libreboot] Target candidate: Thinkpad T400s

From: Bruno Dantas
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Target candidate: Thinkpad T400s
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 12:18:57 -0400

Hello, everybody. Just a heads up:

I have a T400 and decided to try the latest rom (2016-May-20) in the hopes that
a) suspend works and b) the year is correct after booting with linux kernel 4.5.

I was not able to test either, as the latest rom caused my monitor not to work
at all--nothing but a black screen with a random pattern of pink and yellow
pixels.  Fortunately, I have a little song that plays when I arrive at my
desktop, so I could tell that the boot process proceeded normally even though I
couldn't see anything.

Fortunately, I have a keyboard shortcut to open up a terminal and, by piping
commands to espeak, I was able to navigate my directory structure and re-flash
the stable release (20150518). Now all is well again.