Re: [Libreboot] Bricked my c201

From: xdrudis
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Bricked my c201
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 22:08:35 +0100

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 04:55:55PM +0100, Albin wrote:

> I don't understand what you mean about pulling up. I guess that write
> protect isn't necessary since taking out the Screw should be enough, but
> if HOLD# needs to be connected, then I don't know how.

I think to pull up = ensure it means a logical 1 = make sure the voltage
is at the level adequate for a 1 = make sure the voltage is similar to the
voltage at VCC. By the way, I forgot what VCC meant (voltage collector to
collector, from the times of BJT transistors, before MOSFET...?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IC_power-supply_pin ), Disclaimer: I have
an academic trauma with electronics, due to administrative issues, not
teachers.

>From the answer you got, HOLD# should be connected to VCC.

I don't know much how to avoid excessive current, though, or how
worrisome that risk is.