Re: [Libreboot] x60 battery seen empty, but fully charged.

From: Daniel Tarrero
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] x60 battery seen empty, but fully charged.
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 09:52:10 +0100

In my system the kernel & udev populate a directory where i can find a
lot of files containing hardware devices links and information about
this hardware. I think it's in all linux kernels :)

What do you find in "/sys/class/power_supply/BAT0"?

$ ls /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0

May be in other places, like "/proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/info" if you use
older kernels

interesting flags/falues to me can be found there: capacity,
capacity_level, charge_full, charge_full_design, charge_now, voltage,
manufacturer, model, serial, etc... Oh, also there, there is a
power/control :)

this are variable values that the kernel reads/sets for your battery.
Check if it's values are ok. This are "running" values, so take care to
"cat" and not lock, edit neither overwrite values till you know what
exactly they do

$ cat present capacity capacyty_level charge_full_design charge_full
charge_now

... and dump it's resoult, with AC adapter in and without it

hope we can find something wrong!
Regards