Re: [Libreboot] x60 battery seen empty, but fully charged.

From: Will Hill
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] x60 battery seen empty, but fully charged.
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 12:16:03 -0600

Running Windows creates an entirely new set of unknowns.  Microsoft may have
made malicious changes to your hardware without asking you.

The last time I ran that other OS on hardware was on a school computer.  It
and ACPI turned off my network card and did other nasty things each time
Windows shut down.  To reenable the hardware, I had to hard kill Windows and
boot GNU/Linux as the running system left it.  Given Bill Gates written
intent to make ACPI "Windows only" and tables that lied to the Linux kernel,
I was happy that it booted at all.  That was 10 years ago.  Hardware and
Microsoft have gotten worse.