Re: [Libreboot] Blocking Intel ME ?

From: Daniel Tarrero
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Blocking Intel ME ?
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 12:22:55 +0100

agree, i was loosing the focus: the thing is to disable the M.E.

there is a conversation in this mailing with Chris "something" with a
good info about M.E. and some tools too.

i hope me or some of you to have more free time and dive into this M.E.
nightmare. i want too to be able to check, broke and restore it as my
taste  :)

but hey, M.E. may be _not_the_only_ actor there :S IDS's are good for
this and more

with an IDS (a machine in-the-middle that receive a copy of all traffic
and process it looking for glitches and well known attack packets) you
can get more knowledge about what is going in and out of your network.

There are some switches and routers that can do "monitoring", that's
"copy all traffic the router/switch passes into one predefined port".
And there you plug your IDS (intrussion detection system).

You will get not only the good and the bad traffic, also the unknown 8)