Re: [Libreboot] Problems installing libreboot on C201

From: Albin
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Problems installing libreboot on C201
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 15:25:40 +0100

Hi again,

Den 2015-12-05 kl. 13:27, skrev Paul Kocialkowski:
> Hi,
>
> Le samedi 05 décembre 2015 à 00:34 +0100, Albin a écrit :
>> I just found another guide
>> (https://gist.github.com/jcs/4bf59314d604538a5098) that mentions a step
>> that's missing on libreboot.org: besides removing the write-protect
>> screw one also has to run "flashrom --wp-disable". This should explain
>> the permissions issue I had.
>
> Can you confirm that this is the case (and that you were already using
> the root account for your first report)? I didn't have to go through
> this step when flashing, but maybe it is required the first time.

Yes, I was using the root account for the first report. Now I've also
tried to run the command "flashrom --wp-disable" which does output
"SUCCESS". That did NOT help though because, just as before, the command
"./cros-flash-replace flash.img coreboot ro-frid" results in: "bash:
./cros-flash-replace: Permission denied".

> Thanks!

Merci!

Albin