[Libreboot] Problems installing libreboot on C201

From: Albin
Subject: [Libreboot] Problems installing libreboot on C201
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 23:49:52 +0100

Hi.

Tonight I tried to install libreboot onto an ASOS C201. I ran into a
number of difficulties that I managed to overcome (see the points below,
my contribution to the docs), but then I got stuck at the point where
one is to run the cros-flash-replace script. The terminal keeps
returning PERMISSION DENIED. The file permissions, however, are the same
as just after compilation and I've also removed The Screw as instructed.

Does anyone have a clue what might be the problem?

Cheers,

Albin

Errors found in the documentation:

1. There are *eight* screws that need to be removed to open the device,
not seven. There is (at least on my device) one also beneath the top
left pad.

2. You get into the TTY promt by pressing *Ctrl+Alt+Next*.
*Ctrl+Alt+Previous* is for exiting the promt.

3. The guide mentions first "cros-flash-replace" and then
"cros-firmware-replace":

"Then, the cros-flash-replace script has to be executed as such:
# ./cros-firmware-replace flash.img coreboot ro-frid"

By the way, shouldn't there be .img extensions after coreboot and ro-frid?