Re: [Libreboot] message during boot: "DMAR: Failed to map dmar2"

From: Bruno Dantas
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] message during boot: "DMAR: Failed to map dmar2"
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 10:14:07 -0500

Daniel,

Thank you for this immensely helpful information.

> Nowadays you can do it the old way, but better now: the operative system
> is able to do this mapping dynamicly. It can change this mapping, and
> it's great, because OS knows which previous hardware had and which ports
> it was connected to.

If this dynamic interrupt mapping is the main thing I'm losing by using
intremap=off, then I'm not too concerned because I currently do not plan on
changing any of the laptop's hardware.

However, if I *were* to change some hardware in the future (e.g., RAM upgrade
or new hard drive), the laptop would obviously be off so presumably I wouldn't
need *dynamic* interrupt remapping. Would Libreboot see the new hardware during
the next boot and automatically do the interrupt mapping? I hope I would not
need to make manual changes to Libreboot or to interrupt maps if I decided to
make a small hardware upgrade.

> Is my hardware broken? not necessarly.
> Im going to have problems? probably not.

Good to know!

Cheers,
Bruno