Re: [Libreboot] X60 freezes with kernel > 4.0.7

From: Robert Alessi
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] X60 freezes with kernel > 4.0.7
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 10:52:37 +0200

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 07:35:18PM +0200, Michał Masłowski wrote:
> > Then I started bisecting, but the bad news is that the versioning
> > system is designed in such a way that one can only bisect between
> > major revisions: so I could not mark "v4.0.7" as 'good'.
>
> Bisect the linux-stable tree from
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git
> instead.  (Add a remote and fetch, to not clone again.)

Thank you Michał.  I did that and started the bisect: I marked v4.0.7
as 'good' and v4.1.1 as 'bad'.  Then git-bisect told me that Linux 4.0
merge branch had to be tested.  So I told that this one was 'good',
and ended up with 13 steps...

Anyway, I will chase this bug until I find it.  I think I have time to
compile 2 kernels a day.  On my X60, each compilation takes about
2:30.