Re: [Libreboot] Password protected Grub entries

From: t
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Password protected Grub entries
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 10:11:21 +0000

On 05/28/2015 09:50 AM, Robert Alessi wrote:
> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 10:20:29AM +0100, The Gluglug wrote:
>>> If it means that
>>

>> Why do you say this? I see no issue here.
>
> Because even on this second libreboot system, you have to type your
> passphrase under the eyes of everyone.  Unless you have no important
> data on this second system, I think it matters.

You still can do this (image attached) or go somewhere else to type in
your password, which I do all the time. If I can't, I won't use the
laptop because I can't memorize this password lengths every 2 days.

You should keep in mind that the password can be guessed by the sound
your keyboard makes (no idea how to avoid this other than typing very
softly, slowly and not on a mechanical keyboard) and in the reflections
of your eyes with a pretty standard camera (proven by the CCC in 2014),
easily circumvented by not looking at the keyboard while typing.

If you're as paranoid as I am, you'll also close the curtains when
typing the password at home if your room has windows.