Re: [Libreboot] OpenBSD with libreboot on the X200

From: Oriol Demaria
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] OpenBSD with libreboot on the X200
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 19:10:48 +0100

So I have tried pretty much everything. It seems that I can't get the vgabios from anywhere, so what about flashing back a lenovo bios update? Will it work? I have tried all combinations, I have tried using the older releases of libreboot, as there seems to have a commit that broke the text mode some time ago, I have tried all kind of combinations of compiling libreboot, I have even tried coreboot itself, I tried using other vga bioses. I'm a bit desperate as I can't use my OS. So I'm considering removing libreboot/coreboot and installing the propietary BIOS, as it seems there is no solution for booting OpenBSD there.

If someone can help, thanks in advance.

Regards,

On , Oriol Demaria wrote:
Has anyone managed to boot OpenBSD with libreboot? I think is possible
with the X60, but I have issues with the text mode (I needed SeaBIOS
too).

Thanks in advance.