[Libreboot] User report: Libreboot on X200

From: Clemens Mangler
Subject: [Libreboot] User report: Libreboot on X200
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 17:56:17 +0000

Hi!

I put Libreboot on my X200 and I thought I ll share a problem (and solution) I
encountered along the way.

There are still some open questions so I hope this list is the right place.

I went the hardware flashing route using a bbb and some SOIC-clips (the ones
also used with the bus pirate).

Reading the factory rom went smoothly, but flashing libreboot failed (I
re-tried a lot). I then ended up with a successful flash after compiling the
latest flashrom and manually setting the chip definition to the third in the
list with the -c switch (the other two showed the same behaviour).

I continued with installing Tisquel 7 according to the howto on libreboot.org.
Everything works so far. Wowever I get asked for the paraphrase twice. Once in
libreboots grub (which is expected) and once during the boot sequence (I think
it is during the intramfs stage). Did anyone experience something similar and
has already? Maybe tweaking the initrd helps? I did not spend too much time
with this, since I got more pressing problem: My system randomly freezes. One
can still see the