Re: [Libreboot] Can libreboot help to escape the Intel AMT/ME nightmare?

From: L.R. d S.
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Can libreboot help to escape the Intel AMT/ME nightmare?
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 20:44:35 +0000 (UTC)

>Why do you think buying a used device might
>make trust even less? Do you really trust the vendor/shipper?

And why should we trust on Gluglug, for example? This is irrational,
since x60/T60 is out of production. Also, we shouldn't "trust" it, we
should -know- this is working correctly.

>The MacBook Air comes with a keyboard/trackpoint controller that can
>easily transformed into a keylogger (as many other devices, too).

Every supported libreboot laptop have this same problem, they all
have blobs on Embedded Controller.
I think the correct point here is ask if libreboot supported laptops run
microcode. Acording to GNUtool here [1] the x60 still running microcode
even removing it on bios.

Regards,
L.

[1] http://marc.info/?l=linuxbios&m=137380419516176&w=2