Re: [Libreboot] libreboot first-impressions

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] libreboot first-impressions
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 19:31:54 +0100

> At least in my case, powertop refused to start (I have to say that I
> didn't try to 'calibrate' it).

Please write what errors or output it wrote when it "refused to start".

> If you do the same with the
> current 'linux-libre' kernel, you will still have some noise, unless
> you set brightness of the screen to 100%.

I have observed the noise when the backlight PWM frequency is too high
at non-100% brightness, I think current libreboot versions wouldn't have
this bug (Francis gets uneven brightness when this occurs).  I don't
know how your two kernel versions differ in backlight handling.