liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Bell Release Candidate 2

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Bell Release Candidate 2
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 21:08:18 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 22.05.2016, 12:15 -0600 schrieb Germán Arias:
> > Oh, 2.1 GB in the package seems to much for the fakeroot-part of the
> > package generation. As the workaround is not really nice, we definitely
> > have to work on eiffeldoc for the next release. Any volunteers?
>
> Maybe I can help. What is needed?

I think we need more or less a redesign of eiffeldoc. First the
HTML-part with the requirements:
- smaller storage size (not one html file per "point of view" / client
but only one file per class, but still with some mean to filter the
available features in a similar way
- searchability: a search box to search for any word in the docs (should
be possible to execute offline, so maybe we need to generate some index
file readable with JS, with some configurable list of words to exclude,
but if there is a class or feature name it should still be found - e. g.
search for "and" - we do NOT want to find all comments with the word
and, but the infix feature "and" of class BOOLEAN should be found)

And the Eiffel part:
- some possibility for styling (CSS for sure, but also the links in the
headline)
- "foreign links" to be able to generate partial docs and reference a
foreign documentation root for other classes
- include inherited contracts
- currently the command lines are not so easy to handle, maybe we could
do better with some cfg-input file?
- ...

Regards,
Rapha